FREE St. Patrick's Day Math Worksheet

Wednesday, March 13

When March arrives, I know it's going to be a good month because St. Patrick's Day is always a fun celebration in my classroom. All the colorful rainbows, leprechauns, and pots of gold will brighten my room and make March fly by before I even know it (along with secretly counting down until Spring Break HAHA!!).

Whether you choose to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this week in your class or next week because you're currently on Spring Break, I got you covered with a FREE simple and fun math subtraction worksheet.

 
Channel the luck of the Irish to practice subtraction! For more fun and engaging learning activities, go to Education.com

You can add this subtraction worksheet to your St. Patrick's Day centers, use it as morning work, a fun time-filler, or integrate it in your math lesson like I did.

With help from Education.com, I was able to create a fun and engaging St. Patrick's Day "subtraction strategies" game for my students as part of our subtraction unit. During guided practice, my students worked in small groups to complete the subtraction worksheet from Education.com using different subtraction strategies. There were 4 math centers set up in my room. Each center had a different strategy and some colorful manuiplatives to use with the strategy. My students had the freedom to rotate to the next center of their choice when they have completed 5 problems on the subtraction worksheet at their previous center. There were a total of 20 problems, but each center only required 5 problems to be completed before moving on to the next one.


The math centers took less than 10 minutes of my guided practice time. It literally was a NO PREP game which I loved! I found the subtraction worksheet to be helpful and effective as I walked around to informally assess my students. Overall, the most important thing was that my students had a lot of fun and they really enjoyed the subtraction worksheet! Thank you Education.com!!

Try these easy St. Patrick's Day math centers in your class. Just print a copy of the subtraction worksheet FREEBIE below, grab some colorful manipulatives, and set them around your room. Viola! There you have it, a fun and engaging St. Patrick's Day math activity for your class!

I hope you and your students have an amazing St. Patrick's day! Don't forget to go to Education.com for more engaging worksheets.

click the image above to grab your St. Patrick's Day Subtraction FREEBIE

Happy Teaching!

Thank you Education.com for collaborating with me on this blog post. All opinions stated are my own. I only publish guest contents from products that I use and love.

your photo name

Post a Comment

© Classroom Shenanigans. Design by Fearne.