February and Valentine's Day Round UP!

Sunday, February 7

Valentine's Day is one of the most exciting holidays of the year (aside from Thanksgiving and Christmas). Not only do I love celebrating Valentine's Day, but my students do as well in the classroom. Besides planning the annual classroom Valentine's Day Party and passing out cards, I love creating Valentine's Day resources that are content driven + standard aligned. I also love using them in my own personal classroom because my First Graders enjoy them a lot!! Soooooooo, I am here today to round up some of my FAVORITE February/Valentine's Day resources that are content driven + standard aligned. 


There are over 40+ pages of NO PREP literacy and math worksheets you can in the classroom for the entire month of February. Each worksheet is standard aligned to a 1st grade standard whether you use Common Core or Texas TEKS.


Next is my new February Valentine's Day Reading Comprehension Passages designed with my little face-to-face and virtual learners in mind. 

There are 10 Valentine themed reading passages with 3 comprehension questions. Whether you are teaching face-to-face, online, or both (like me), this reading resource will fit your instructional method of teaching. I have the reading comprehension passages available digitally via Google Slides and SeeSaw, and as print.


Here are my newest DIGITAL and INTERACTIVE Valentine’s Day activities designed with FUN and  100% ENGAGEMENT in mind, while still providing instruction content for your students. The 3 digital and interactive games are: 3D Shapes Google Slides Game, Addition to 10/20 Google Slide Game, and CVCe Word Work for Google Slides + SeeSaw. 

I have used all 3 activities in my 1st grade classroom already and my students (face-to-face and virtual) loooooved them!! I used the 3D Shapes and Addition games as a digital math center by sharing the google link in presentation mode via SeeSaw. I used the CVCe Word Work during a digital literacy center directly on SeeSaw.


This next February resource is my all-time favorite because I use it every morning before starting my main ELAR lesson. 

If you have not yet purchased this month’s ELA Reading Skills Review, I must convince you to do it NOW!! My students enjoy doing these monthly ELA Reading Skills review because we get to have a full on, academic conversation about what we think the answer is and why. It is also a great way for my ELL’s to work on their oral language expression. This is a win-win for me too because my students get to review skills they have already been exposed to. You can read more about the ELA Reading Skills Review HERE.


Lastly, if you need additional February/Valentine’s Day themed activities, here are a few of my older resources. 


If you'd like to implement any of these resources in your class, you can grab them in my shop!


your photo name

Post a Comment

© Classroom Shenanigans. Design by Fearne.